Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Dark Enchantment - Anya Bast Dark Enchantment picks up shortly after the conclusion of the previous book and immediately jumps into a sexy adventure. Charlotte, a human with a Fae-Hating family reputation, wakes one morning after an intense, highly sexual dream and keeps hearing the voice of her dream-lover calling for her. Soon the calls become a compulsion that drives her to enter the gates of Piefferburg under false pretenses. She is scared but angry that one fae could make her do something she never wanted to do in her lifetime.

Charlotte and Kieran are well-matched. Both learn to overcome preconceived notions about the other. Charlotte learns that most fae are no more scary and dangerous than the human race. Kieran learns that Charlotte isn’t the bigoted human her father is. I really enjoy the continuing story arc of fae freedom, the Phaendir and its deliciously wicked leader, Brother Gideon P. Amberdoyal. I admire that Ms. Bast keeps the plot moving forward and doesn’t throw unnecessary roadblocks in to drag out the conflict.

Overall, Dark Enchantment is a very enjoyable book - one that can be read stand alone (if you haven’t read the series), but is probably best enjoyed by those that have read the earlier tales. Ms. Bast does a good job of informing readers about details from earlier stories necessary for understanding the overall plot. I highly recommend the entire Dark Magick series. It is an delightful paranormal romance series that doesn’t rely on the vampires and werewolves to entertain.

My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)

For my full review of the book, please visit my blog: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/04/review-dark-enchantment.html