Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Archangel's Consort   - Nalini Singh Picking up shortly after the conclusion of second Guild Hunter book (Archangel’s Kiss) this story opens with Hunter-born-made-angel Elena Deveraux back in her home town of New York. She is a different person than when she left - now an immortal angel, and we are witness to the adjustments she must make as she reclaims her Guild Hunter life and reacquaints herself with old friends.

One thing that I absolutely love about this story is that becoming an immortal does not give Elena a golden ticket to instantly transform into super-being. The newly-made angel did not gain super-power and an easy life when she was made immortal. Watching Raphael learn to adjust to having a consort and sharing his heart was also a joy.

As much as I enjoyed Elena and Raphael, I found the overall story not quite as satisfying. Overall I was entertained by Archangel’s Consort, even with some of the issues I had with the book. This story is be a must-read for fan’s of the Guild Hunter series, however, I would recommend newcomers not start with the third book. This series revolves around the connections and love between Elena and Raphael, which began in the first book, Angels’ Blood, and I feel is more enjoyable read from the beginning.

My Rating: 3 stars: Liked it, there were a few issues - recommend (B)

For my full review, please visit my blog: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-archangels-consort.html