Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Hellforged - Nancy Holzner Hellforged opens with demon hunter, Victory Vaughn and her zombie teen apprentice, Tina, attempting to rid MIT computer labs of a nasty Glitch demon. Of course things don’t go smoothly, but Vicki manages to make the best of the situation. And that is how Vicki rolls.

Although I did not read Deadtown, the first book in Ms. Holzner’s series, I did not feel as if I missed a beat (but I hear the book is wonderful). The author does a great job with world-building - making the zombie-infested streets of Boston seem normal. Hellforged builds upon the world created in Deadtown, but does not rely on the actions of the first book when telling the tale of the second book.

The plot was smart and exciting; I enjoyed watching Vicki attempt to solve the mystery of an evil prophecy while trying to keep the world safe. Although it had a bit of familiarity about it, the storyline was original and kept me glued to the pages. There were even a few surprise twists and turns that I didn’t expect. Hellforged is action-packed, somewhat violent, and overall a great story.

My Rating: 4 stars: Really enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

For my full review, please visit my blog at: http://twimom227.blogspot.com/2011/01/review-hellforged.html