Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck (Southern Eclectic Book 1)
Molly Harper
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Wolf Fever - Terry Spear This is the sixth book in Ms. Spear’s Heart of the Wolf series, and my first look at this wonderful world. Although I did not read any of the previous books, I found the story easy to jump into - never feeling lost or that I had missed out from skipping the earlier books. Although I may have gotten a deeper understanding of the pack life and rules from the previous books, Ms. Spear did a great job bringing me up to speed and I was able to enjoy.

Carol is a delightful heroine. She is a strong woman placed in a difficult situation. She is terrified of what may come to pass, but she also embraces her new life in her own way and at her own speed. She interacts well with all of the pack, even polite to those I wouldn’t have been. She understands pack politics and hierarchy, but challenges the alpha as a sister would.

Ryan is an alpha through and through, but he gives Carol space and time. Of course, this is partly because he isn’t sure if he is the right male for Carol, so he tries to keep their relationship professional. Thank God Carol makes the first move! Together they make a sweet pair, and I adored watching Ryan and Carol each overcome their personal obstacles to finally come together.

The overall story had some exciting twists and turns. Someone/wolf is after Carol - why? Will Carol’s promotions come to pass? Can Carol and Ryan put the pieces of the puzzle together in time to save the pack? There were some exciting moments, but all-in-all a fairly mild story - no cliff hangers or jagged edges. The romance was also sweet, and the sex somewhat hot, but definitely on the mild side compared to other romances I have read.

Wolf Fever is an entertaining shifter story and you do not need to read the prior books in the series in order to enjoy this one.

My Rating: 3.5 stars