Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Terminal Alliance: Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse Series, Book 1
Tantor Audio, Jim C. Hines, Rebecca Mitchell
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Firewalker - Allyson James Firewalker is the second book in Ms. James’ Stormwalker series, and it starts a short time after the end of the first book. Janet Begay, a Native American stormwalker, with the power of Beneath magic from her goddess mother, has settled down in Megellan and opened up the hotel she was renovating throughout all of book one. She’s hired a witch, Cassandra, to manager her place and business is good. Mick’s been missing for three weeks, and although he has been more open with Janet since she found out he is a dragon, it still isn’t completely odd for him to be gone without notice. But when a shifter comes into the hotel demanding to speak with her, Janet realizes that Mick is in trouble.

Once again, Ms. James weaves together an amazing Paranormal Romance/Mystery-Suspense story. At the core of her work is a complex “whodunit,” full of twists and turns, that keeps the reader engaged until the conclusion. But what makes the book truly superb is the cast of characters that inhabit this marvelous world.

Tragedy and trouble follow Janet everywhere she goes. She wants to “just be normal,” yet time and time again, she picks the difficult path. When faced with death if she continues to use her “evil” Beneath magic, she doesn’t let her own mortality stop her from making the “right” (and difficult) decisions. One of the most special and poignant parts of the story occurs when Janet is faced with the decision to keep her Beneath half or let it go completely. It is heart-wrenching and emotionally draining to witness her as she contemplates what is truly important in her life. I love that Janet may give in here and there but NEVER gives up the fight and always has a snarky comment or two for those that rub her the wrong way.

Firewalker is another amazing book in the Stormwalker series! I highly recommend reading both books because the stories are fabulous, the action is intense, the world-building is phenomenal and both are emotionally satisfying tales.

My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)

For my full review, please visit my blog http://Twimom227.blogspot.com on Friday 11/26/2010.