Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck (Southern Eclectic Book 1)
Molly Harper
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Immortal Awakening - K.C. Randall Immortal Awakenings is a light tale and quick read. There are some really lovely parts and the backgrounds of the characters are interesting, and I want to know more. One of the things I enjoyed about the book is that Gregory is a killer. The Immortals (vampires) in this world are not evil, but they view humans as food. They try to exist among them, but generally view them as cattle and dying flesh. I admire Ms. Randall for creating a hero that has a naturally dark side. We are witness to Greg’s eating habits, and it seems so natural. As Greg even said to himself:

I killed so I could live. No mortal could ever change that fact. Nikki would not make me feel guilty for surviving.

But she manages to do just that. After tracking Nikki and pondering time and time again what she means to him, Greg realizes that he loves Nikki. And apparently he is the first Immortal ever to fall in love. After this epiphany, Gregory makes some sudden and drastic changes in his philosophy and life style. I felt that the changes were a bit too radical and quick at first, but over time I grew to accept them.

Over time, Greg’s transformation grew to be more “realistic,” and therefore the book became more entertaining. The story had a satisfactory ending, but it was left open for a subsequent story. In addition, there are several things brought up in this book - Greg’s mysterious dreams and the Prophecy about which the Queen is concerned - that were left unanswered. I truly hope the author is planning a follow up story. Immortal Awakings is an enjoyable read that I recommend.

My Rating:
3 stars: Liked it, there were a few issues - recommend (B)

To see my full review, please visit my blog http://twimom227.blogspot.com on Tuesday Nov. 9, 2010