Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2)
Megan Erickson
The Silver Skull: The Elemental Web Chronicles, Book 2
Henrietta Meire, Anne Renwick, Tantor Audio
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Lie With Me - Stephanie Tyler 3.5 stars...

Lie With Me is an exciting adventure that remindeds me of one of my favorite TV shows, Alias. It is filled with several complex characters, all with unknown criss-crossing histories. The key players include Cameron and Sky, our primary couple, Dylan - a spy and Cam’s best/only friend, Riley - a fellow “spy for hire” and romantic interest for Dylan, and Gabriel... a CIA agent that uses Cam to run black op missions, who also happens to be Skylar’s father.

Sky and Cam are a good match. They have different histories, but they are both lost souls - for different reasons, and they connect in an almost spiritual manner. I adored the “side story” of Dylan and Riley. I have to quickly mention Gabe... he’s not a nice man. He uses people to his achieve his own “greater good,” but loves his daughter to a fault. I enjoyed his ambiguity and complex nature. One can only hope that we will see Gabe get a new lease on life and maybe find love...

All-in-all, Lie With Me is an thrilling, romantic journey. I look forward to continuing the story with Ms. Tyler’s second Shadow Force book, Promises In The Dark.

My Rating: 3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

For a complete review, please visit my blog http://twimom227.blogspot.com on Friday October 22, 2010.