Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Terminal Alliance: Janitors of the Post-Apocalypse Series, Book 1
Tantor Audio, Jim C. Hines, Rebecca Mitchell
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Fearless Desires - Stacey Espino Delius and his five brothers are Fear Demons. But in Ms. Espino’s world, demons are not hideous creatures from hell. The Demons (Fear, Lust and Aggression) are immortal beings that look like humans (good looking ones, albeit) and feed off human energy. They (rarely) hurt humans, but they (are not supposed to) interfere with human activities.

Delius has never been happy with his lot in life - feeling like a leach and always witnessing the “evil” humanity has to offer. He is sent to investigate a human that doesn’t project fear, and as soon as he sees Selina, he is drawn to her. She is an enigma, but it’s more that the mystery that attracts him. He cannot help but feel possessive and the desire for both blooms. Soon, Selina is pulled into the unknown world of Demons, where faith in prophecy rule above all and an impending Demon War is looming.

This book was like CRACK for me. I seriously could not put it down. I was reading while at work, in my car (not while driving), while making dinner, in line and the grocery store, etc. It started with the unique and engrossing mythology. Then I couldn’t resist the smokin’ hot sex scenes. But Ms. Espino reeled me in with the love story. Delius and Selina are a great couple. They come from different worlds and they struggle to find their way together. They try to figure out if love can conquer all... can one choose love that is forbidden? What if it is not fated? What if choosing love means war and death? Their scenes were touching, heart-warming, and at times heart-wrenching.

I did get a bit annoyed with the brothers’ and Selena’s critical thinking abilities. There is no question that Selena is different, but when they all jump to the same (and wrong) conclusion about her origins I wanted to scream, because it was obvious that they were wrong! But luckily, they all figured out who is what and who belongs to whom in a fairly timely manner.

And in the middle of all of this hot romance, mating and action is a mystery. There is a rogue Fear Demon killing humans through nightmares (which is against the rules). It was fun to try and put together all of the pieces and watch them unfold (I was wrong with my guesses!) This story is a wonderful mix of paranormal fantasy, erotic romance, action and mystery. I cannot wait to read Ms. Espino’s follow up book, Fearless Love (which I will review next month).

My Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)