Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
No Mercy (Dark-Hunters) - Sherrilyn Kenyon I adore Ms. Kenyon’s Dark Hunter Series. The mythology is extremely interesting and complex. So if you haven’t read any of the earlier books, you may find yourself a bit lost with the terms, abilities, etc. Be warned, if you haven’t read the series, this book contains spoilers from the previous books.

No Mercy picks up a few months after the end of the previous book, Bad Moon Rising. The Peltier family (a pack of bear shifters) is trying to run their family bar, Sanctuary, after the deaths of their parents. With this story, we learn that brother, Dev, isn’t sure he wants to stay around and thinks about getting a fresh start away from his siblings.

When Dark Huntress, Sam, rides her motorcycle to Sanctuary and into Dev’s heart and mind, she doesn’t expect to enjoy the peace and comfort only he can give her. The two quickly take advantage of their mutual attraction and engage in a hot, steamy one-night stand. Yet neither can shake their desire, and the attraction quickly grows into something more.

I blew through the front half of this book. Ms. Kenyon’s writing and this series are like candy for me. It was easy to read and didn’t contain the complexities that the more recent Dark Hunter books have held. The plot moved quickly and it was enjoyable. But I did find that Ms. Kenyon relied on plot twists and storylines that are almost a bit cliche.

My Rating: 3.5: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

For a full and complete review of this book, please visit my blog: http://twimom227.blogspot.com. Review will be posted 10/8/2010.