Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Save a Truck, Ride a Redneck (Southern Eclectic Book 1)
Molly Harper
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
The Iron Duke -  Meljean Brook I love this book. Seriously. It’s tough to write a review about something that has stirred such powerful emotions within me. How do I put into words the impact of these characters? My notes are filled with comments like “I feel Mina’s hopelessness” or “the heartache and pain” or “this is why I love this man.” The Iron Duke is an incredible adventure, but it also reached deep into my heart and soul, and won’t let go.

Ms. Brook’s story-telling skills are phenomenal. She has created a whole new world with details so rich and intricate that I could fully imagine life for Mina and Rhys. It is set in an “alternate” universe where modern technology never developed, and in it’s place, a world full of clock-work and steam-powered devices that modern-man could only dream of possessing. It isn’t a “backwards world” or primitive, just different. And not since I read the Harry Potter series have I longed to jump into a fictional setting and experience the world first-hand. I am truly amazed at this new universe.

The overall plot is exciting and adventurous. It begins with one dead body and slowly unravels to involve multiple players, imminent danger, genocide, pirates, air ships, creatures taken from old sci-fi books... Just when I thought I knew what was going on, there would be another turn in the investigation. But with all of the action and adventure, one thing that I loved about this book is that it didn’t dwell on drawn out battle scenes. The thrill was in the suspense of hunt.

For a complete review, please visit my blog at http://twimom227.blogspot.com (review will be posted 10/5/2010)

Don't forget to stop by my blog from Oct. 1-7 for "THE IRON DUKE WEEK" featuring author Meljean Brook and a chance to win a copy of this wonderful book!!