Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Love Me By Christmas
Jaci Burton
The Shift of the Tide (The Uncharted Realms) (Volume 3)
Jeffe Kennedy
Roomies
Christina Lauren
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Sins of the Flesh - Eve Silver The three books of the Otherkin Trilogy together tell the tale of the sons of the Egyptian underworld god, Sutekh and their quest to discover the identity of their youngest brother’s murder. There are clues and hints that help are woven into each story (especially in the first book) that are necessary if you are like me and want to figure out “whodunit” before the author tells you.

The third book, Sins of the Flesh, picks up after the second story finishes. The focus of this book is the third son, Malthus Krayl. He watched his two older brothers fall head over heels for women (in the first two books) and he knows that will not happen to him. He picks up the quest to discover more about his brother, Lokan’s killer by following clues on the “topside” (human realm). While staking out his latest lead, he sees a mysterious woman and is drawn in - wanting to know more about her and why she is also after his lead.

Right from the start I enjoyed the chemistry between Mal and Calliope. She is fierce and strong. She does what she has to in order to survive, and is always adjusting to the situation. Mal is an adrenaline junkie. He loves a challenge. And what I love that he first assumes he is attracted to Calliope because she is a challenge.

This story is my favorite of the three books. The action is faster and the answers come more quickly. The sparks that finally do ignite between Malthus and Calliope sizzle! And even though I have a TON of questions (that I am emailing to Ms. Silver), I found the answers that were given satisfying. But due to the open ending and some other “why did...” questions I have, I didn’t get a sense of closure. Thank GOD that Ms. Silver already has Book 4 underway (Body of Sin, June 2011). This is a fun and exciting new series, but be prepared to deal with unanswered questions along the way!

My Rating: #4 stars.
Really enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

For a FULL REVIEW of this book, please visit my blog at http://twimom227.blogspot.com