Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
Kelly Siskind
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Tempting the Fire - Sydney Croft This book sizzles from the first page until the end! ACRO veteran agent, Sela, and first time field operative, Marlena, head to the Brazilian rain forest to find out more about the mysterious creature that was filmed attacking a SEAL team, and more importantly stop the para-military group, GWC, that is camped near the attack site, from selling weapons to ITOR (the bad guys). Even though Marlena is sent to seduce GWC head, Logan, she is unexplainably drawn to the loan SEAL survivor, Chance. Meanwhile, as Sela tries to push Logan towards Marlena, she can’t help but fall for his wicked charm and sex appeal.

The development of the dual love-interest story lines is captivating. And although they are two individual love stories, everything is woven into an amazing tale. I enjoyed seeing the parallels in each coupling (as mentioned above), but also watching each couple find its unique voice. One of the many things I love about the ACRO series is that the individual books do not focus solely on one “main” couple throughout the book. In this 5th installment of the series, we have 2 primary couples, plus the on-going relationships between my favorites: Creed and Annika as well as ACRO boss, Dev and newbie Gabe.

In the end, each storyline collides in an amazing battle of good vs. evil. We meet a new ITOR agent that embodies both and are left with a glimpse of what is to come. I, for one, do not know how I am going to wait to find out what will become of ACRO. Sydney Croft is a master of sensual story-telling, and the ACRO series is in a league of its own.

My Rating: 4.5 stars