Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Demon Angel - Meljean Brook I give this story 3.5 stars. Meljean Brook has created a fantastic world and wonderful mythology. The love story of Lilith and Hugh is beautiful. The overall story of finding freedom for the pair is a fun ride and an interesting tale. At times the action is exciting and fast paced. The romance is hot!

However, at times the story seemed a bit slow and overly wordy. I found there were several parts that I had to reread because the flow of action was choppy and/or hard to follow. I was able to read past it all, but I feel like I have missed out on the true meaning and/or actions of what happened in parts of the story.

WARNING - Spoilers...

My favorite part of the book came fairly early on when Hugh first sacrificed himself for the first time. The dialogue between Guardian Michael and demon Lilith was amazing. I could feel the anguish of Lilith, Hugh and Michael's concern. This clarity of emotion was also strong in Hugh's interactions with Lilith when he attempts to "set her free" by killing her and "falling."

Overall a good start to a promising series. I am looking foward to reading the next book.