Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Shades of Midnight - Lara Adrian Breed warrior Kade is sent on a mission back home in Alaska. He hasn't been there since he abruptly left a year ago. Lonely bush pilot, Alex witnesses an unspeakable horror that is all too familiar. She knows something evil is out there, but no one will believe her. When Kade and Alex get together, they will stop at nothing to get to the truth. Along the way they realize that there attraction cannot be denied.

This is the 7th book in Lara Adrian's Midnight Breed series, and another great story. The action grabs you and holds on until the end of the story. (When you know there will be more adventure coming!). Although the romance is on the light side in this story, there are some deeply passionate moments between Kade and Alex. If you are new to Ms. Adrian's series, I suggest you start with the first book, Kiss of Midnight, but it isn't necessary. Fans of pure paranormal romance may be a bit disappointed, but the story is worth a read.