Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2)
Megan Erickson
The Silver Skull: The Elemental Web Chronicles, Book 2
Henrietta Meire, Anne Renwick, Tantor Audio
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Demon Moon - Meljean Brook Some books are good and make me feel happy (Twilight), some are well written and cause me to feel strong emotions (Time Traveler's Wife) and some are just so good - they are classics I'll read over and over (Dune). And many are so fun to read and down-right sexy (Nalini Singh, Gena Showalter, Larissa Ione... I love paranormal romance). For me, this book is all of those in one. I was just blown away.

Colin and Savi are truly a match made in heaven (or Caelum). Meljean has developed two wonderful characters, which individually did nothing for me, but together stirred every emotion within me. I cried tears of sorrow and joy while reading this book. The precise manner in which she detailed their thoughts, feelings and encounters is amazing. And I loved that she didn't put unnecessary conflict in front of Colin and Savi - no "misunderstandings" to keep them apart. They had to work their way through tough situations and emotions, and it was well worth it!

Although the storyline is second fiddle to the love story (for me), it was also well constructed and planned. I never felt that Meljean wrote in dialogue or actions that did not hold purpose or give life to the story. It is a big book, but there is no fluff. I anxiously await to start the next book.