Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %
Born of Fire - Sherrilyn Kenyon I'm struggling with this rating and review. Had I read the book independently of the series and not immediately following Born of Night (book 1), I may have given it a similar review and rank of 3.5 stars. However, this book was stylized so much like Born of Night, I felt like I was almost reading the same story. The things that I found slightly annoying and/or cliche in the first book became unbearable at points in the second book. The main characters' inner dialogue was repetitive and the action was too familiar and similar to other stories. I'm taking a break from the series and put some distance in before I pick up the third book.

My rating: 2.5 stars.