Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

A Perfect World: An Erotic Science Fiction Short Story

A Perfect World: An Erotic Science Fiction Short Story - Kris Cook My Rating: 3 stars: Liked it, but I had some issues - recommend (B)
Originally Posted at THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT

In the future, people live in a world full of medical wonders, where humans can live without disease for as long as they want. Because of this, there are rules, such as zero population growth... which means there must be a death for a child to be born. Also, a female cannot have a child after she reaches 38 years of age.

Greg and Seana go to rich relative William to ask if he'll willingly die so Seana can get pregnant. William agrees, but the kicker is that he wants to impregnate Seana himself (the old fashion way) before he dies.

A Perfect World is a very short story, not even novella length, which leads little time to develop characters or provide any solid backstory. However, Mr. Cook still finds enough space to create an interesting concept for a future world. The sci-fi features are presented with enough detail to fabricate a thorough picture for the reader.

Overall the story is enjoyable, but rough around the edges. Due to the shorter length, the insinuated bonds and "I love you’s" felt unnecessary and contrived. But with that said, I still had a little tear in my eye at the pinnacle of the story.

A Perfect World is a fun, erotic sci-fi short. Due to the length, there isn’t much story or plot, but the premise is solid and enjoyable.