Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
Kelly Siskind
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Decadent Deceptions

Decadent Deceptions - Keta Diablo The book starts out with the recent death of dear Olivia and Cain’s father. He was a wealthy man who split his estate between his son (and fiancée) and daughter - with one catch: she must wed a respectable man of the gentry within 6 months. Headstrong Olivia does NOT like this plan, especially when the love of her life (and brother’s best friend) does not meet her father’s criteria. Alas, Olivia is determined to win over Morgan, regardless of her father’s last wishes, if only Morgan would look at Olivia as more than a little sister. In order to win over Morgan, Olivia begins a quest to make him jealous by venturing to the local brothel to “observe and learn.” Meanwhile, Morgan has loved Olivia for ten years and is nearly insane with desire. He wants Olivia to love him and determines to “help” her in her endeavors. Morgan and Olivia enter into game of cat and mouse to try and win over the other.

I have to tell you that I usually hate it when couples hide their emotions from one another for silly reasons. I’m usually yelling “Grow up and just tell him/her you love them.” But the intense sexual attraction between Olivia and Morgan kept me glued to this delightful tale. Their wicked games engrossed my life - keeping me up until all hours reading. The societal expectations of the times had me worried that they would be discovered as they toyed with and indulged in each other, drawing out their unspoken lust. The knowledge that there was a murderer in the mix had my heart racing. In short: this book had me hooked.

My Rating 4.5 Stars