Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Chasing Destiny (Silver Tip Pack Book 2)
Megan Erickson
The Silver Skull: The Elemental Web Chronicles, Book 2
Henrietta Meire, Anne Renwick, Tantor Audio
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Eternity Embraced (Demonica)

Eternity Embraced (Demonica, #3.5) - Larissa Ione This wonderful short from Larissa Ione’s Demonica Series focuses on two Aegis Guardian agents (demon slayers): Andrea and Kaden. When the story starts, we find out that Kaden has been taken hostage by a cell of ruthless vampires. Although Andrea hopes her partner and lover has not been made into a vampire, she is quickly disappointed when she finds him, complete with fangs, in an underground cell in Oregon.

Andrea and Kaden have been mislead their entires lives - believing that demons, vampires and shifters are all evil and must be destroyed. So when Andrea is confronted with the fact that her true love is now something she abhors, she must battle her own beliefs to determine if Kaden is still the man she loves. Similarly, Kaden realizes that although he is a vampire, he isn’t a depraved creature-of-the-night. Their physical reactions to one another and the emotional upheaval that ensues after their reunion is fabulous and riveting.  Even though this is a novella-length story, it is rich with detail and full of action. I came to care about Andrea and Kaden quickly and enjoyed following them on their journey.

For those that have not read any of Ms. Ione’s amazing Demonica books, this is a great introduction. Although the story has minimal interaction with the series’ regular cast, it is a wonderful example of Ms. Ione’s amazing talent. For series regulars, it’s a great reminder of why we love this series! It is unconnected to the full-length novels, however, it does mention characters, some which do not come into play until the 4th Demonica story. I strongly recommend you go out and pick up this novella today!

My Rating: 4 stars: Really enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)