Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----

When I Need You
Lorelei James
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Shadowed Soul (A 1 Night Stand Story)

Shadowed Soul (1 Night Stand, #41) - Stacey Kennedy My Rating:3.5 stars: Liked it a lot - recommend (B+)

Shadowed Soul is a sexy paranormal novella from Decadent Publishing’s 1 Night Stand series. The story is quick and mostly to the point. One night turns into forever when vampire Bryce and mortal Ellie enlist the services of Madame Eve.

Bryce has been around for a while - not an ancient vamp, but enough years to have honed his woman-smexing skills. He is lonely and enjoys loving women that have been hurt by men... those with shadowed souls. He gives them a night they deserve in order to boost their self-confidence and then moves on. He intends to do the same with Ellie, but can't seem to get her out of his mind. She's different than the others, and he wants the impossible with her... Forever love.

Ellie is instantly attracted to Bryce, and although she senses he’s a bit different, she jumps into the one-nighter, hoping to rid herself of the bad memories left by her cheating ex.

The 1NS series are fun, quick stories. There isn’t much in the way of background or world-building, but it’s okay for the shortened length of the stories. Sometimes, you have to suspend reality and enjoy the earnest happiness the characters enjoy. And such is the case with Shadowed Soul. We really know nothing about Bryce and Ellie, but they connect. There is erotism in their passion, and sometimes it’s fun just to indulge in a one-night stand.

I recommend Shadowed Soul and other 1NS stories as the perfect filler in between longer, heavier novels. It’s like a mini-vacation for your mind!