Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Legs (One Wild Wish, #1)
Kelly Siskind
A Plague of Giants
Deutschland Random House Audio, Kevin Hearne, Xe Sands, Luke Daniels
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

The Devil's Thief: A Loveswept Historical Romance

The Devil's Thief (The Saint's Devils #1) - Samantha Kane My Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)
Full Review: http://www.twimom227.com/2012/11/review-giveaway-devils-thief-by.html

The Devil’s Thief, is a highly amusing historical romance filled with wit, fun, danger and love. The story is rich with enjoyable characters and an amusing plot. The characters provided the driving force behind the storyline. Julianna is a strong woman who can fit within society's boundaries on the outside, but is "modern" on the inside. I love that Alasdair respects and admires that part of Julianna. I feel the interactions and banter between he and Julianna are clever and entertaining.

Julianna does not fit the mold of a prim and proper society woman, often standing up for herself, taking risks and making things happen. And she’s not the only one. Her father, a former thief, who stole only to feed and cloth his young daughter, has married up into society to a Baroness. But he didn’t do it for the financial cushion, but rather for love. And the Baroness herself is fairly bold and at times, contrary to the roll she lives in public.

The quest to return the pearl is one of adventure and danger. Although somewhat predictable, the plot moved forward at an enjoyable pace. The ups and downs the characters endure make the journey that much more satisfying. Alasdair’s companions, (fellow Devils) Roger and Hil add comic relief, but also additional mystery. They are marvelous. I love the light-hearted, silly "frat boy" humor of Roger and want to know more about Hil. He is full of intrigue, and it will be exciting to see what woman will match him. The misunderstandings and mishaps the gang encounter never bordered on frustrating and always kept the story moving forward.

In the end, I really enjoyed The Devil’s Thief and look forward to the next tale. The overall feel was light and romantic, with a lot of humor tossed in. But most of all, the characters were all exceptional. They may not be the picture perfect specimens of society during the time period, but that's what made them enjoyable and even lovable.