Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Blood Guard: A Mission Novel
Megan Erickson
Dune
Frank Herbert, Simon Vance
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Wicked Enchantment (Dark Magick, Book 1)

Wicked Enchantment  - Anya Bast I give this story 3.5/5 stars.

The story is set in the mythological place of Piefferburg... the land where all Fae-folk have been inprisoned from humanity. The world is broken into two main subgroups of Fae: The Summer Queen with her Seelie noble class and the Shadow King ruled in dark with the Unseelie class.

Gabriel is Unseelie and an incubus to boot. Aislinn is a favored subject of the Summer Queen. When Gabriel makes an appearance at the Rose Court, the Queen assigns Aislinn as Gabriel's guide. Aislinn is hiding a secret, that if it ever got out, would ruin her life at the Rose Tower. Is Gabriel an innocent in all of this, or are his intentions as dark as the Tower he comes from?

This story weaves a whole new mythology for me. It took some time to understand the world, and I discovered the glossary in the back of the book AFTER I finished reading it. (Note to authors: please put glossaries in the FRONT of a book.) I did benefit from reading the prequel novella found in Hot for the Holidays.

I thought this story would end up a typical "guy tries to trick gal, gal falls for it, guy falls for her, gal finds out she was tricked, guy wins her back" type story. And although the tale did have parts of that theme within the plot, there were more twists and adventures than I expected. I enjoyed the story and overall found it to flow well. The romance was hot and the characters strong. I found myself "skipping ahead" during some of the parts, but overall enjoyed the story. I look foward to the next book, especially after reading the excerpt in the back of this book.