Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

A Shot at Love (Will Cook for Love)
Peggy Jaeger
The Ghoul Vendetta: An SPI Files Novel
Audible Studios, Lisa Shearin, Johanna Parker
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Wild & Steamy

Wild & Steamy (Includes: Iron Seas #0.4; The Disillusionists Trilogy #2.5) - Meljean Brook, Carolyn Crane, Jill Myles My Rating for the Book: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

“The Blushing Bounder” by Meljean Brook (Iron Seas Story)
Summary: While the search for a killer puts Constable Newberry’s life in danger, he faces a danger of another kind: to his heart, by the woman forced to marry him. What will it take for this prudish bounder to convince his wife to stay?

Twimom’s Take: If you are a fan of Meljean’s Iron Seas series, you will enjoy this brief look into Detective Inspector Mina Wentworth and Constable Newberry’s first case. However, if you’ve never read the series, this is a perfect introduction to Meljean’s Iron Seas. Newbury is so sweet, and I love the inspector and Newberry’s relationship. It is an easy story to follow and has a satisfying plot for the novella length.

Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

“Vixen” by Jill Myles
Summary: Miko’s denied her were-fox nature for far too long and turned her back on her vixen heritage. But when she meets two very sexy cat-shifters, she has to decide if she truly wants to give up on her frisky side, or embrace it. Because the were-fox in her doesn’t want to choose between both men…it wants them both.

Twimom’s Take: This is a cute, stand alone shifter story by one of my favorite authors. The three main characters had great chemistry and dialogue. The story is enjoyable, full of fun and play. And oh, by the way... it is a HOT as hell menage.

Rating: 4 stars: Enjoyed - strongly recommend (A-)

“Kitten-Tiger & the Monk” by Carolyn Crane (Disillusionists Story)
Summary: Sophia Sidway, Midcity’s most dangerous memory revisionist, seeks out the mysterious Monk in the wasteland beneath the Tangle turnpike, hoping for redemption…but it turns out that the Monk is not all that pious, and the turnpike is no turnpike at all.

Twimom’s Take: OMG! I am totally hooked on Ms. Crane’s urban fantasy series! The mythology is very original and different than anything I’ve read before. I wish now I’d started at the beginning of the series (this novella takes place between 2nd and 3rd books.) I am going to be reading the series ASAP! I was not lost - and the story is fine as a stand alone, but Sophia made references to people and events that I wonder if I would have known about had I read the first two books.

Rating: 4.5 stars: Loved it - enthusiastically recommend (A)