Twimom227

That's What I'm Talking About

A+  Personal Favorite (5 stars)
A    Loved It (4.5 or 5 stars)
A-   Enjoyed A Lot (4 or 4.5 stars)
B+  Liked It A Lot (4 stars)
B    Liked It -- Recommend (4 stars)
B-   Liked It -- But I had a few small issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C+  Liked It -- But I had issues (3 or 3.5 stars)
C    Finished It -- Liked some, didn't like some (3 stars)
C-   Finished It -- Liked a little, didn't like a lot (2 or 2.5 stars)
D    Not A Big Fan (2 stars)
E    Don’t Waste Your Time (1 star)
----
TW: Reading this book was like watching a Train Wreck
DNF: Did Not Finish

updated July 9, 2015

Villains Rule: The Shadow Master, Book 1
Amber Cove Publishing, William Gibson, Jeffrey Kafer
Elizabeth's Wolf (A Novel of the Breeds)
Lora Leigh
Just You and Me (A Contemporary Romance Collection)
Bitter Bite: Elemental Assassin, Book 14
Audible Studios, Jennifer Estep, Lauren Fortgang
Progress: 27 %

Audiobook Review: Spider's Bite by Jennifer Estep

Spider's Bite  - Jennifer Estep

Although I'm a huge fan of the Elemental Assassin series, I have not read the first five books. Reading SPIDER'S BITE was a complete joy for me, as I "jumped back in time" to go back to Gin's beginnings. There were SO MANY assumptions that I had made about Gin and her life that were wrong.

I find it difficult to write an "untainted" review of the book, since I know what becomes of Gin and the characters first introduced in SPIDER'S BITE. With that said, I feel that Ms. Estep does a solid job introducing Gin, building this fascinating world full of magic, vampires, dwarfs, and giants, and creating an interesting backstory.

Ms. Estep weaves an exciting tale, complete with heart-stopping action. The story is filled with vivid details, creating imagery so sharp, I can see the scenes in my head. I enjoyed learning Gin's early history with her handler, Fletcher, as well as watching Gin slowly begin to accept her elemental magic as part of what makes her a strong assassin.

The narration by Lauren Fortgang is perfect. Her southern drawl is ideally sweet yet biting and hard when necessary. I feel that she has Gin's voice and expressions down perfect. She modulates the tone and sometimes speed of her narration for the supporting characters, each to various degrees of success.

My Rating for the story: B+